Oreos and cream cookies
Allow me to introduce you to my new FAVORITE cookie.
These little beauties come out perfectly soft inside with just the right amount of Oreo-cookie induced crunch.
My sister originally found the recipe here and I only did a little bit of tweaking.
With just 7 ingredients, they are pretty easy to whip together, though they’re a little more labor-intensive than some other cookies (what with the oreo-crushing and cookie-rolling).
SO worth it, though!
Oreos & Cream Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
8 oz (1 package) cream cheese (softened)
2 cups sugar (granulated)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups crushed Oreos*
*I didn’t completely pulverize the Oreos when I crushed them… as you may be able to see in the pictures I think it adds enormously to the texture by having decent-sized chunks of oreo, not just crumbs. I did the crushing by hand (rather than food-processor) so I could make sure I had a good ratio of crumbs-to-chunks.
1) Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Crumble Oreos into a medium-sized bowl, set aside.
3) In stand-alone mixer, combine butter and cream cheese and stir until creamy.
4) Add vanilla and sugar, stir until well-combined.
5) Gradually add flour, adding about 1/2 cup at a time with mixer on low-speed until combined.
6) Stir in mini chocolate chips by hand
7) Scoop out dough and form 1-inch sized balls by hand.
8) Roll cookie-dough balls in Oreo crumbles. For the larger pieces of cookie you may have to press them on to the surface of the dough– they will not stick as well as the crumbs. Make sure the surface of the cookie is well covered with Oreos.
9) Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking pan. Place cookies 1-2 inches apart.
10) Bake in center rack of oven for 10-12 minutes (bottoms of cookies will be a light golden color)
11) Allow cookies to cool for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.